Process: Harry Bing Discusses the Importance of Insurance
By this time you've likely negotiated your home inspected repairs. Next up, is insurance!
The lower the rate, the lower your payment, so remember, these Next Six Points:
1. Do not give out your Social Security Number. You can give them your mid-credit score and your lender can give this to you but do not give out your social security number.
2. Do not tell them who your lender is UNTIL you have made your final decision, that's right. If you tell them this information too early, they will try to hijack your transaction, so be careful about who you give your lender information to do this insurance process.
3. Ask for quotes based on both $500 and $1,000 deductible, that way you assure yourself of getting the best possible rate. That's right, ask for quotes based on both $500 and $1,000.
4. Forward your preferred quote to your lender for review. They will confirm that you have adequate coverage.
5. Successful clients often get 5 or more quotes, remember the lower the insurance rate the lower your monthly payment. Now some of you, you get a little lazy, let's get honest about it, you know you do. You only want to call just the person you did your home or car insurance with, but you need to get more than one quote, the larger number of quotes you get, the more success you have and the more comfortable you're gonna feel about the final quote that you did get.
6. You should ask family members and coworkers for referrals or even start with whom you have your car insurance. Of course, we'll send you over a list of recommended vendors for you to start off but you're not obligated to use it.
So, your insurance, that's what your gonna work on next!